Sunday, April 24, 2011

How can my son attend a New York City public elementary school outside of his district?


How can my son attend a New York City public elementary school outside of his district?
My son and I have recently moved to Manhattan, New York from rural Missouri and I want to enroll him in a public elementary school. We live in Harlem and unfortunately schools in the area lack cultural diversity with the entire student body consisting of African Americans. I want my son to be exposed to many not just one group of people. Is there a way that I can register my son in another school outside my district? Are there any legal precedents or can I register my son in the school district where I work?
Other - Education - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
It would smell like bull #&$*.


2
My child is already enrolled in a New York City public school and I have enrollment questions. Where do I go? If your child is currently enrolled in a New York City public elementary or middle school, please visit your child̢۪s current school. If your child is currently enrolled in or assigned to a New York City public high school, please go to your high school beginning September 5th to obtain information and assistance from your child̢۪s guidance counselor.

Popular Posts