Friday, April 8, 2011

How can I get government funding for an after-school program in New York City?


How can I get government funding for an after-school program in New York City?
I own a children's gymnasium in New York City and I would like to start a free after-school program a few days a week. Does anyone know who I can contact to get government funding for this program, whether it be local, state, or federal?
Financial Aid - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Check your city and county websites for available funding. You will probably need to get a fiscal sponsor (a 501(c)3 organization) that will administer the grant money since you are not a nonprofit. You can also search for available grants at our website (free!) under "Youth Development" in New York. The database lists grants for nonprofit organizations, but maybe you'll get some ideas for what is out there. http://www.grantgopher.com

Popular Posts