Saturday, December 11, 2010

Does anyone have specific information about New School University in New York City?


I am going to attend The New School University in New York City this fall and would like anyone to comment if they have any postive or negative information about this school. I am very excited to be a part of this place. However, the tuition in rather high. It is about $30,000 a year. Does that seem like alot for a liberal art's degree(I'am going for a BA) All of my friends think that I am very lucky to be a part of this school. After I take out grants and scholarships, I will probally owe about $50,000. Is that an average amount to be in debt for an education? Isn't it sad that it costs so much money for a education? All of the good colleges in NYC are so high. My friend went to Columbia and is over $70,000 in debt. If anyone has information or facts about The New School, please speak your mind. Thanks
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Congratulations! I know you are going to have an amazing experience. Your friends are right and you are very lucky to have such an opportunity. Its priceless. How exciting- New York, good school, cool friends and you'll probably meet a lot of good contacts for the future too. Once you'll start you are probably going to enjoy it so much you won't be thinking too much about $ aspect, and when you graduate you'll then know how worth it - it was. Imagine- saving right now $$$ but going to some community college in some boring town without any prestige or future references for the future. Would you be happy then saving money? Probably not! Good Luck. I'm sure you won't regret it. However....settling for second best and it might just bite you in the ass for the rest of your life! ; )


2
Yeah it's a good school (part of Columbia if I'm not correct) but I mean...you're going to get out of the school and be able to make maybe 30-40k with your degree...it's up to you ultimately, and depends on what you want to do and how you want to live until you get there. (plus rent in nyc is brutal...I live in Queens and it's still brutal...I'm talking at least 1200-1300 a month in the city for a box apartment...) If you want to go on and get your phd in say psychology or organizational behavior then you'll be in a good position with a new school degree however.

Popular Posts