Sunday, December 5, 2010

Which New York acting school would be best for a beginner?


I will be moving to NY when I am finished getting my bachelors degree in film. And I was wondering what acting school would suit a beginner best? - Strasburg Institute - NYFA (New York Film Academy - Stella Adler Studio of acting Which one would be worth my dollar? Have any of you attended these schools? Or know something who has attended? Are there any other schools that you know of? sorry for all the questions, I just really want to go to the right school. Thanks.
Theater & Acting - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
First of all, acting schools in general tend to be pretty useless, or so i've heard. I know allot of people in the business and the main thing that i have learned from acting classes is that they only mess up your acting. I would say the New York Film Academy. I am actually going this summer, but for a different program, not acting, and its really great. There are different places around the world where you could go. Paris, New York, Los Angeles. ( etc. etc ) Its really cool . They let the actors be in movies, and that can help you to learn how to work with a director, and a camera. It seems good to me.


2
Strasberg Institute and Stella Adler have better reputations in the industry for actors than NY Film Institute Either of them would be very good. Both teach Method acting. You can't go wrong with either in terms of training or how it looks on your resume. Both show that you are serious about learning your craft

Popular Posts