Saturday, January 1, 2011

Who monitors New York School Bus Transportation and laws for Public School Transportation?


My son had detention today, he took the 4 pm bus home. At first he called to say that I had to pick him up because the bus driver did not want to drive him home. When I called the school, the bus driver was made to take him, however, she dropped him off about a 1/2 mile away from the house. We live on a very busy main road with absolutely no shoulder. She had to pass by the house anyway. I saw her myself doing about 60 mph. Then I saw my son walking down the road, jumping out of the way when a car would wizz by. I don't think this is okay and want to research it before I go crazy on the bus company. Thanks.
Other - Cars & Transportation - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'd contact the school first since it seems they control policy on this kind of thing (see first link.) But a better approach might be to contact an organization concerned with pupil safety on the bus (see the second link.) Maybe you can get them involved to help you out. That said, you should talk to the bus driver first. Maybe she had a good reason for dropping your child where she did. It may not be out and out negligence. She can only do so much. School bus driver is truly the world's most unappreciated job. Most are only trying to do the right thing.

Popular Posts