Monday, November 29, 2010

Which is a better film school New York University or Emerson College?


I was recently accepted to both New York University and Emerson College. I am planning on studying film production. They are both really good schools. I love New York and I love Boston. From my research NYU is more expensive, but Emerson has much better campus housing. The only way that I can think to make my decision is to compare the film programs. So which one has a better film program, NYU or Emerson College?
Higher Education (University +) - 5 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'm pretty sue NYU's film program is better ... but I go there, so I might be biased :D


2
to make the best choice go visit both schools and that way you can have more clear choice. hey can you answer my question? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100315220603AAeHkOL&r=w thanks!


3
Ofcourse NYU


4
NYU-Better rep, better connections---> easier to get a job when you graduate, better facilities, better location in the industry, more artistic, no campus Emerson-More hands on approach, you will be making films quicker, only have to take film related classes, lower acceptance standards--> SOME of the people around you may not be as experienced and talented, more personal feel What were your grades, SAT, extra curics btw?


5
Neither has a "better" program for the simple reason that degrees in "Film Studies" from both colleges lead to unemployment. Rule #1: Film Schools exist to provide salaries to Film School Professors.

Popular Posts